Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Our 1st Family Portraits

I got a very big surprise this Christmas!  Way back when Brisco was born, we had some portraits made at the hospital.  A photographer came to our room and took pictures.  During the whole process, we were more annoyed than anything, so we didn't bother to order any pictures.  After we had been home for a while, I finally logged onto the website and found that I really loved some of those first pics.  Matt was a little grouchy about it, claiming the pics had lots of shadows and it wasn't really worth purchasing the cd of images.
The day after Christmas, a package came for Mommy.  Inside was a beautiful portrait from the hospital!  Matt had bought the cd without me knowing!  
Brisco was 2 days old when the pictures were taken.  Matt did tons of editing.  The image was pretty rough.  We were actually sitting in the hospital bed!
These are some of the other pictures.  They definitely need some editing but I love them all the same!
This is my favorite of Matt with Brisco.  I love how they're noses are touching!
 This is the rough image of the portrait Matt edited.  He did an amazing job!
Here's a picture of the portrait he had made.  It's a beautiful wrap-around canvas.
Right now it's hanging on the wall in the living room for all to see.  I think we might eventually move it into our bedroom. 
 Some other images...Brisco was so pink when he was born!  I'm still looking a little c-section-ish.  Luckily that yellow skin color went away!
Sweet, brand-new baby boy!
We used the blanket, crocheted with love by Grandmother, for our background.